Dear Drake: 25 Things Guys Should Know About Girls.
After years of experience in the dating world I have learned a few things about women. Things you should say and things you shouldnt. The right and wrongs ways to approach certain situations. Over the last few years working here at Passionsearch, I have recieved many emails, Facebook messages and tweets from men asking why women are so complicated or why they do one thing and say another. I have also had many women inquire, asking “Drake, please tell me how and why men can be so stupid when it comes to girls?” Well, it’s time to put a stop to all this and just come right out and knock some sense into these guys! You will thank me for it later, trust me.
When girls feel like you understand them, they will do what they can to please you.
So here we go, the 25 things written by a man, that guys should know about women:
1. Whatever you do, don’t just show up at their house…they run around in their underwear just like we do.
2. Beware of every single male relatives and all guy friends. Any of them would kick your butt at the drop of a hat, and a lot of them wouldn’t even wait for the damn hat.
3. Never miss an opportunity to tell them they’re beautiful.
4. Don’t refuse to kiss in front of your friends. If they laugh at you, it’s because they’re jealous.
5. If they slap you hard, you deserved it.
6. Don’t be afraid to touch them if you want to. If they’re going out with you in the first place, it’s because they like being in your arms.
7. You can be dirty minded in private, really…most of them are not offended by it…
8. Not all of them eat like birds, a lot of them can eat like whales.
9. Most of them don’t mind paying half of everything, but they do discuss these things with their friends. Realize that if you make your girlfriend pay half all the time, everyone will know about it and your friends will know you’re a *****.
10. Do you honestly need all your money that much? Be a man, pay all the time!
11. Every girl should eventually get three things from her boyfriend- a stuffed animal, one of his sweatshirts, and a really pretty peice of jewelery. Even if it’s not a serious relationship.
12. Make sure she gets home safely as often as you can. If you’re dropping her off, walk her to the door. If you aren’t dropping her off, call to be sure she’s home safely.
13. If a guy is bothering her, it is your right to kick the crap out of him.
14. If you’re talking to a female friend of yours, pull your girlfriend closer.
15. Never, ever slap her, even if it’s just in a joking way. Even if she swats you first, and says, “Oh, you’re so dumb” or something, never make any gestures back.
16. Go to a chick flick once in a while. She doesn’t care whether you enjoy it or not, it just matters that you went.
17. You’re dead meat if you can’t get along with their pets, parents and best friends. Be prince charming to their friends, Mr. Polite to their parents, and make sure to be nice to their animals.
18. Don’t flirt with their moms or friends…that’s just freaky.
19. Don’t be freaked out by PMS. It’s not gross, and it really does make them feel like crap, so be understanding.
20. If you don’t like the way they drive, you do it.
21. If you’re officially dating, and you’re introducing her to your friends, you’d better damn well introduce her as your girlfriend.
22. Don’t stress where you go for every date. They really only want to be with you.
23. If they complain that something hurts, rub it for them without being asked.
24. Memorize their birthdays. You forget her birthday and you’re basically screwed for life.
25. After you’ve been dating for a while, realize that they really have started to trust you. When you have a girlfriend who truly trusts you, you have a lot more responsibility, privilege and control than you would think. Be careful with it, most guys would kill for that kind of power, and it can be lost in a nanosecond.
Now ladies, don’t expect a guy to know every single thing here (even though that would be nice). It is both your job in a relationship to talk about your expectations, wants and needs in order to make it work.
If you have any questions or opinions you would like to ask, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or shout out to me on Twitter @Dear_Drake. I love sharing the knowledge I have gained throughout the years. Everyone has the right to fall in love, so let me make it a little easier for you, one Q&A at a time.